Wednesday 1 July 2015

Scrapability

Jimjams - July Counterfeit Kit embellishments
Yes this blog does still exist!

After a very challenging few months, where scrapping has had to take a definite back seat, I have finally been getting creative again with my Counterfeit Kits.  So I am very happy to welcome you to my part of the July Master Forger kit reveal hop.

Hopefully you've just been to see Susanne's kit, but if not, the hop started here with a visit to our Guest Forger, fellow Brit and close friend, Julie who scraps pages about her young daughter and her own childhood.

Scrapabilly March 2015 Kit This month we are counterfeiting a beautiful kit, in my favourite colours, from the German shop Scrapabilly.  Fellow Master Forger Lisa designs for them and has already been creative with the original kit, based on a Kaisercraft collection, so her forging should be fun this month!

I usually like to counterfeit with a twist, and because I already use so much teal in my kits I thought I'd concentrate on the fact that there are lots of papers from one manufacturer, lots of neutrals with a hint of colour, lots of alphas, lots of frames ... and try to use up some papers that I've been avoiding!


Jimjams - July Counterfeit Kit

So there is still some blue, but it's pastel rather than teal, with plenty of cream and beige rather than black and grey; there are plenty of alphas in the form of ancient office rub-ons, the frames will come from stamps and several sheets of Delish Designs paper from their Bistro collection (2008) have been put to good use!

Jimjams - July Counterfeit Kit - reverse patternsSupplies:
Fresh Entree (ornate shapes reverse)
Sizzling Stripes (brown striped reverse)
Sizzling Main Dish (brown reverse)
Fresh Main Dish (cream reverse)
Fresh Stripes (brown dotted reverse)
Various buttonsfrom my stash
Bo Bunny brown rub-ons
Corrugated card from DCWV
EK Success Bookworks rub-ons, dates, business cards and epoxy sentiments
Venice chipboard alphas from 7 Gypsies
Some ancient office stationary rub-on alphas
Various trims and frame stamps from my stash

Now it's time to visit Julene to see how she's interpreted the Kit-to-Copy.

16 comments:

Lisa said...

A true forger, you've taken this kit and made it your own - as always. A great mix of neutrals and the elements you picked out such as frames, really makes this a super mix of products. It looks like you have some real golden oldies in there so it will be interesting to see how you use them up!

Sian said...

I loved the original kit when I saw it on Lisa's blog and it's been fascinating to see the interpretations. Those colours are perfect for hazy summer days

Margie said...

Such fun that everyone seems to be using up some older stash for this kit-and very pretty and unique as always, Jemma!

Janine Rachau said...

I adore your soft blue adaptation! Those papers are beautiful and should make for some fabulous layouts. The bits of distress and touches of red create the perfect juxtaposition to the feminine papers. Love it!

Karen said...

I m loving the vintage look of this kit! Loving all the papers n embellishments that goes so well together

LCSmithSAVED said...

Another kit with a solid base in the neutrals! I really do like this slant on it as it's still soft & dreamy. The pale blue looks fab against the sepia tones. I have those rub-ons & will be watching for them ;-)

Julene Matthews said...

Love it! The neutrals form the basis with some interesting embellies to brighten your layouts. Should come up really well on your pages.

Susanne said...

Delish, indeed. Glad you have time to scrap again; we miss you when you are not blogging.

Susan said...

I like your take on this kit - the neutrals are so versatile and will be sure to go well with any theme or photo. It looks very crisp and polished too which I find very appealing. And I think I have some of those arrow stickers, rub-ons and epoxy circles in my stash too so I'm excited to see how you use them.

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful kit. What a great way to make one up - by the manufacturer - will have to keep that in mind for future. Love the addition of red.
Cindy F

Melissa said...

Great job pulling this together with a twist!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I love the soft feminine mood of your kit! I'm sure your layouts will be gorgeous!

sassyscrapper said...

Great to have you back, Jemma! It will feel good to get some of these older supplies used...they are still FAB. Looking forward to your creations.

Tina Campbell said...

Glad your back Jemma :) Love what you pulled for your kit :) I hadn't though of the browns you pulled for your kit and they really do stand out well from the softer neutrals looks like abit of fun :)

alexa said...

Your kit has a lovely, soft, vintage-y feel ... Sorry to hear that things have been difficult and hope you are through the worst and into a calmer space now.

Anonymous said...

I just knew this was a kit for you - no pink! Yay.