Monday 31 October 2011

Extreme Scrapbooking

Ever tried scrapping beyond the page?
I've made cards, a canvas or two, some mini-books and the odd bit of wall art.
Child No.3 has recently excelled herself with my scrap supplies ... completely off the wall page ... in the name of Halloween fancy dress!

Normally she looks like this ...

... well actually that isn't completely normal as she generally uses a little bit of mascara and wears her hair loose. However, after borrowing some Rhonna Farrer swirl stamps, some black ink, green face paint and a sprinkling of glitter, she looked like this ...


A few punched leaves attached with glue dots to a hair-band and the application of some red false eyelashes and an even brighter wig and she was transformed into ...


... her version of Batman's enemy and eco-terrorist, Poison Ivy! 


Fifty poses in front of her camera later and she had a new Facebook photo :D

Of course I had to make a scrapbook page about it, just in time for Halloween!


I've used a Pagemaps sketch (twisted onto its side) with some more of my October Counterfeit Kit and also scored some points over on UKS for the Weekly Challenge to use some printed journalling, 10 embellishments and something free (the font, Satellite, and those eyelets ... yes, I know that they're probably maple leaves, but I am so glad to get rid of them as they've been hanging around in my original hand-me-down stash from 2006).
Oh and while we're challenge combining, this page fits in with H for Holidays over at ATDML's Thirsty Thursdays.

What's your craziest use of scrapbooking supplies?  Are you dressing up for Halloween ... or Facebook?

22 comments:

alexa said...

Your creativity is clearly showing up in your daughter - amazing 'look' and super page. I like the way the leaves go under and over ...

scrappysue said...

What a fabby costume and so creative. Love your LO, the colours are gorgeous! Happy Halloween!

Lisa said...

what a wonderful costume and a great layout. I love the main spooky photo.

This year, no costume for me! Shame really. I always enjoy pulling something together at the last minute.

Mary B said...

That is fantastic I love how your DD has done this and I adore the LO too and good use of unwanted stash (eyelets) too

Sian said...

She looks fabulous! Absolutely amazing - and the page follows suit. I love it.

Last week I used my supplies to help make a model blast furnace for a science project. That's pretty off the page

Ali said...

That's fantastic! I love your Dd's idea of using the stamps on her skin... it looks beautiful! If I still went out clubbing that would be an awesome make-up idea for a night out! :D

Gorgeous page too.. love everything about it!

Ali

Lizzie said...

Wow, such a clever costume! Whoever would have thought of using rubber stamps as face make-up? She looks absolutely amazing!

My stash gets used for some interesting projects too. DS had an art project about Picasso. After the typing up and sticking in of pictures, we covered some book-board with canvas, put a picture of Picasso and a great quote on the front of one, then stamped "Picasso" with some large letter stamps and gold ink. The "book" was held together with two book rings. He got an A* for his project (he did work very hard on the content too - though that's another story....).
Recently my skills were called for, to help construct a carrying box - complete with chains - for a Pathogen model that DS made for science. We made a cardboard carton from black cardstock, wrapped some old necklace chain (antique finish!) round it and he made warning labels for the front.
Amazing what "scrapping supplies" get used for...

Your daughter's costume was very clever and gorgeous and your scrap page is also lovely. And those eyelet leaves look quite like pumpkin leaves... I reckon they go very well on that page!

Margie said...

Those photos are awesome, and so is your daughter's costume!! I love it! Great take on the sketch!

Alison said...

How clever is your DD!..she looks fab.Love the LO too...great use of the eyelets!
Alison xx

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Wow, what a "costume"! Definitely more inventive than any teenagers that came begging to our house for candy tonight!haha

Beverly said...

I love the layout and her creative use of your stamps!

Maria Ontiveros said...

The photograph and scrapbook page are both stunning! Love the lighting in the photograph and the colors in the page.
Rinda

JulieJ said...

Cool - love it

Anonymous said...

What a great page and a lovely costume too - your daughter looks amazing!

Susanne said...

Wow, that is very strikingly eye-catching!

CoventryAnn said...

Amazing makeover, and love the page. Hope the ink came off painlessly!

Ann Freeman (mafswife) said...

Fantastic make-up and love your layouts. Thanks for taking part in Thirty Thursdays, I do love to see your projects x

happysnapper said...

she looks beautiful and should wear her eyes like that everyday, what a stunner, wish I had less wrinkles so i could copy!
My supplies were used for a Roman emperor costume and a classroom diorama for Spanish homework...........boring eh

happysnapper said...

ps really neat lo showing transformation too :)

MiliPea Designs said...

What a transformation! Great use of your stash and I love the page you did about it!

Missus Wookie said...

Gorgeous and so creative!

My cropodile got pulled in to service to make the holes on a bunch of kitchen utensils bigger once to my family's amusement (it was Christmas afternoon and they wouldn't fit so I combined two presents ;)

Sandie said...

Wow your daughter looks amazing. I would not think to use stamps for makeup - what a brilliant idea!