Thursday 3 May 2012

This Little Piggy

I am not a happy bunny ... my hard drive seems to have died.  It is a month or two five since I did a full backup (oops!) and I have spent the last few days laboriously copying files and folders from my almost unreadable hard drive to safety!  Thank goodness Hubby knows a thing or two five million about computers!  While I wait for a full replacement and restore I shan't be blog-(hopp)-ing quite as much as usual because my bookmarks, contacts, passwords etc are still in limbo.

Luckily I have some posts pre-scheduled, a Counterfeit Kit for May to put together and one last page from April's Kit to share with you.

Layout - This little Piggy - Jimjams

Layout detail - hidden tag - Jimjams I had made the page for the sketch challenge over at Sarah's Cards, but thanks to my IT problems I've missed the deadline.  Not to worry though as that brings my total for April's Counterfeit Kit to a record-breaking (for me at least) NINE pages!

This little Piggy belongs to No.1 Son and there's a piggy tail tale hidden on the tag. If you want to know what's written there you'll have to pop back on May 6th when I'll be joining in with Siân's Storytelling Sundays again.  Have you got a story to tell?  Why not join us?!


13 comments:

Sue Althouse said...

Oh no! I hope you are up at running at your computer again soon. Love that photo, such a great page!

Susanne said...

Oh my heart breaks for you and your hard drive. My cell phone is dying on me and I had no idea how hard it would be to replace a non-smart phone. We are slaves to our technology, aren't we. Cute page, I need to get mine finished for Sunday too.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Oh, I hope you are able to recover everything! I'm curious about your cute little pig......

Beverly said...

Computer issues scare me @@!! Hope you are able to recover everything. Will check back after Sunday to find out about the pig tale ;)

Sandra said...

I'm lucky hubby is obsessed about backing up, but oh I so feel for you. Loving this layout

Sian said...

Oh, no! That's a very timely reminder to me to do a back up. I hope you get it all sorted out soon. And of course I am delighted that it won't affect your appearance on Sunday :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

I hate it when that happens! It seems far too common.
Rinda

La Petite Maison said...

So sorry to read about your hard drive issues! I've had my share of those... That page is very cute!

scrappyjacky said...

I do hope you can save it all.

Alison said...

I'm hoping that spam email didn't contribute to the hard drive demise! Great LO, and looking forward to the story!
Alison xx

Jen said...

Aw fab page, love that you replaced the circle element with a heart! Sorry you missed the deadline (aargh computers - why do they never work like they should?!) but thanks for joining in xx

Lisa said...

such a lovely layout and that is one cute piggy! 9 layout? Wow!

Missus Wookie said...

Hard drive failure is what got us to swap to online continuous back up. Although these days we have on site (TimeMachine), off site (Mozy) and I upload photos including digit and photographed layouts to Flickr. Belts and braces...

Oh and I like dropbox for important files as it stores them on more than one computer - so all the work ones are there too.