Friday 21 December 2012

Five on Friday #7 (Search Terms)

Do you look at your blog statistics?
Blogger lists the search terms that people use to find my blog and it's fascinating to see what brings people to me!  Here are the most popular/weirdest/funniest 5 search terms:

Top of the list = Next {Michael} Crichton or {Michael} Crichton Next - I imagine these people are looking for Michael Crichton's next novel, but come here because I read a book of his called "Next" which I included in my logging and reviewing of books during the year.

Pricked Extreme Embroidery is an odd thing to search for, but I guess that there is plenty of stitching on paper, including some string art, on here.

Helen Hunt Wearing Overalls is just about the weirdest search term ... I have NO idea how they got to me with that one at all!  Trouble is, by writing this today, my blog will come up again and again when Helen's stalkers need their overall fix ... and be disappointed yet again!

Speaking of disappointments, searchers for lego 6075 instructions were left high and dry when they popped over from Google, because while I do still have the instructions for 6075 somewhere upstairs, that's not what's published on this blog; instead it's the story of why we eat our turkey on Christmas Eve!

hand maed crad xmas - you can obviously still find my blog posts on my hand-made Christmas cards even if you can't spell :o)

Photo - winter trees, pine cones with hoar frost

That just leaves me time to wish all of my lovely readers (and Helen's fans as well)

a very merry Winter Solstice

and hope that the Mayans simply ran out of space on their calendar!

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

This post made me smile....must admit I've never checked mine!!

Mary B said...

HaHaHa, where do you find these informations?

Alison said...

I've never checked mine...maybe I should!
Alison xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Happy Solstice!

My search terms are usually boring, just variations of "Stacey Havoc"

alexa said...

I am chuckling here! Nope, I never read mine, I'm afraid. Happy Solstice to you too - I love this turning point of the year :).

Lou said...

how funny - i've never looked at mine either...not sure i'd know how too!
Have a lovely christmas x

Maria Ontiveros said...

I did a few sketches of soccer players for a challenge on sketching male faces, and their names come up a lot in my search terms. Also a post I did about a magazine cover with women who breast feed their toddlers.
Also, travel journal. Because a tutorial I did made its way on to pinterest and was pinned and repinned a whole bunch of times.
Rinda

Missus Wookie said...

Never read my blog statistics - perhaps I should go and look? Mind you I'm not searchable through Google or any other search engine so suspect they aren't as interesting.