Wednesday 1 October 2014

Pretty In Pink!


Welcome to October's kit counterfeiting with the Counterfeit kit Challenge Blog.  This month our Counterfeit Queen Laura chose the kit-to-copy which was the Vintage Floral Kit from Hey Little Magpie in the UK.  Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your POV) the kit proved very popular and is already sold out, but that doesn't stop us from creating our own ... in fact it's what we counterfeiters do best!  Hopefully you've already visited Laura and Julene so you'll know that the original kit looked like this:

Hey Little Magpie Vintage Floral Kit - Oct K2C

And here's my take on it - concentrating on the pinks (shock horror) and the greys with a nod to the dots, delicate florals, geometric shapes and stickers:

Jimjams - Oct 2014 Counterfeit Kit

Supplies:
Mustard Moon Grandpa's Overalls Stripe
Echo Park Ombre Essentials in pink and grey (plain ombre reverse)
Little Bo Peep Matilda  from Crate Paper (pink chevron)
MME Stella Rose Mabel Love Letters (vintage script)
KI Vintage Charm Blue Ledger (blue & brown filigree)

Jimjams - Oct 2014 Counterfeit Kit - reverse papers

Jimjams - Oct 2014 Counterfeit Kit - embelliesJenni Bowlin Studios Element Stickers
Jenni Bowlin Studios die-cut tags
A selection of pink and green buttons from my stash
A large dress pin
A pink chevron glassine envelope
A kraft/white tag
A selection of toning bakers twine
A selection of trims

Jimjams - Oct 2014 Counterfeit Kit - trims
It's quite a small kit, but my scrappy time is limited this month so it should be easy to use it all up ... and there's only so much pink I'm willing to use LOL! Now let's see whether Lesley has struggled to include pink or not ... she's next on our hop this month (the complete list is published here on the CKCB).  Happy hopping!

12 comments:

Lesley G said...

Such a nice clean kit, Jemma - I wish you'd put that together for me - hey we could do a kit swap one month? And PINK!!! WOA there girl, steady on - no really I love it and I don't think there is any pink in mine!

Margie said...

I love it, Jemma! And the pink surprised me for sure, lol!Great kit, though-and the small ones are easier to use up!

Tina Campbell said...

I like your choices for your kit it was nice to see something other than florals and not so much pink too.

alexa said...

Looks like this kit will suit both pages for the male and female population in your life - the geometrics bring a nice clean and simple look. I like that ruler ...

Julene Matthews said...

The paper clip people are adorable.I love all your pinks and greys .It should be a pretty kit to work with.

Susanne said...

Very nice, I like the bolder red in your kit.

mandysea said...

What a gorgeous kit! Loving the reds and blacks in this.... and the trims, ooooh and who cute are those little people clips!!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Looks like a lot of versatile things in there! I would want to dress up the paperclip people :D

Missus Wookie said...

It's always fun seeing things I have in my stash in your kits - I like the geometrics and look forward to seeing what you create.

Miss Jane said...

OMGosh, love your kit. And those little people paperclips are just too cute

sassyscrapper said...

A great vintage vibe here with the addition of jenni bowlin. Have fun scrapping...even with the pink!

Lou said...

oooh looks lovely..enjoy x