Wednesday 15 October 2014

Zoom In Zoom Out #40

I still haven't caught up with Helena's ZIZO schedule ... but here's my week 40 from a recent trip to Italy!  Hubby and I were out walking to clear our heads after a 6am flight to Rome, two hours driving, a quick supermarket shop and some lunch ... the path to the cemetery is steep enough to combat excess pasta ...

Jimjams - ZIZO #40 Chestnuts

... about half way up we spotted that the ground was littered with chestnuts! Far too spiky to handle, but we did come back another day armed with thick gloves to collect a few to roast. Yum!

4 comments:

helena said...

how magical to be able to forage eating chestnuts - only the conker kind around here

Sian said...

I don't think I've ever had a roast chestnut. Maybe that's one for the bucket list!

Lesley G said...

We collected pocket fulls of them a few weeks ago and we haven't had a spider in the house since!!!

Sandie said...

You've made me want some now... a visit to a local forest will be planned. Hope you had a great trip :)