Saturday 9 March 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Challenge #2 over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog involved using at least three contrasting patterned papers ... something I wasn't very keen on doing when I first started scrapbooking, but, having put my Counterfeit Kits together, it's become much simpler to use multiple patterns as the hard work of mixing 'n' matching has already been done.  Here I have combined my March Counterfeit Kit with this month's sketch at Sketchbook365.

Layout - Rain {nearly} Stopped Play - Jimjams

Layout detail - layered tags, vellum envelope and stamping - Jimjams
Can you count how many different patterned papers there are?  I make it ten, counting the vellum of my counterfeit  pocket.  I inked some BG White Chocolate Chip alphas to match the polaroid frame and cardstock.  This page was made during last weekend's Bloggers' Retreat and I was able to borrow all sorts of exciting crafting equipment.  My thanks to Ruth for her fun cog dies and curly border punch and Missus Wookie for her lovely stamps.

The page tells of our worries that the incredible downpour in the afternoon would continue and ultimately ruin our chance to see "Fantasmic" which we had planned for that evening .  Luckily, despite it raining on our journey to MGM Studios, we enjoyed a dry (if chilly) evening and a brilliant show!  My night-time photos were rubbish though so I'm glad that I could get the memory into our Disney 2004 album without them.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

That was a great sketch, I enjoyed playing with it. You have done a lovely job on it. One of the advantages to getting together to scrap is borrowing other 'toys'! I am glad you had a great time.

Dawn said...

Great page, simple but effective!

scrappyjacky said...

I loved this page when I saw you making it....and am impressed by how well all the patterns mix and match.

Lou said...

all the patterns look wonderful together..great page

Beverly said...

Now, that is impressive!

humel said...

lol! I was admiring your page, then started thinking 'hang on, this looks familiar!' Of course it does, I saw you working on it last weekend.... *doh!*

Missus Wookie said...

I'm with Mel - thought I've seen this.... then realised where :) The cogs are so cool, did almost convince me to get stuff out and cut things up - always fun to play with other people's toys!

Lesley G said...

Lovely colours, Jemma

Fay aka Beautifullily said...

ah yes, Florida rain, we missed MK fireworks because of it! Fab page, well done on all the pp.

Note to self: get up more and go and see what everyone else is making!

Maria Ontiveros said...

I am crazy about this layout! The colors are great, and I love all the layers behind the photos.
Rinda

kate blue said...

I agree, all the patternes really go together...cool stamping against the yellow pp!

Jennifer Grace said...

This page looks brilliant, I certainly wouldn't guess there were so many patterns on it at first glance! I love the cogs! And the pocket for more journaling. I'm glad the rain didn't spoil your day! x

Lisa said...

I really love what you have done here with this layout - so many lovely elements and the mix of papers, colours and patterns is fantastic. this is def one of my faves this month :-)

Sian said...

It's lovely to see everyone talking about how they watched you putting this together - only wish I could have been there to see it too. I've been visiting the Sketchbook365 entries and marvelling at the international flavour of all the pages..this one really emphasizes that feeling for me!

Alison said...

Love all the layers...and I'm another one who was thinking I'd seen this before!
Alison xx

glorygirl said...

What a great page! Love all the layered tags! And, your title is WONDERFUL - love the mixture of fonts!

Sandra said...

I love all the contrasts on this layout ... Fabulous

akilli melek said...

what a lovely page, and so full of pps but working well.
caroline

Riikka Kovasin said...

Great colors and lovely layout! Thank you for playing with us at Sketchbook365!

MiliPea Designs said...

I love the little vellum envelope and all that layering! Beautiful layout!

Morag Cutts said...

Gorgeous layout - I love your colours and what a great photo! TFS