Tuesday, 24 December 2013

Festive Greetings!

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today* I've shared a couple of sketches for scrapping some of the many photos we'll be snapping this festive season.  If mini-books are more your thing then perhaps you'd like to give a home-made word book a try ...


I made that one back in 2008 as a present for a friend's photos of her first grandson's first Christmas. I made another one a couple of years later to fill with quotes and festive photos as a family gift.  It had extra pages between the letters to allow for extra snapshots.


While I was making it I took step-by-step photos and put together a set of instructions - originally published in 2010 on UKScrappers, but you can download them directly here and see some more inside pages here.  The instructions are for the word "NO√čL" but they are easy to adapt to "XMAS", "2013" or indeed any other word, long or short!  Let me know if you have a go!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

* A slight scheduling faux pax on my part means that this post went live 2 days early - so that CKCB post isn't there until Christmas Eve! Sorry!

9 comments:

Sian said...

A Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

Louise said...

Merry Christmas to you too x a lovely word book x

Alison said...

I like the look of these!...am off to investigate!
Happy Christmas to you and yours
Alison xx

Lesley G said...

A gorgeous little book :)

Missus Wookie said...

How lovely - I have a blank book from back then... I'll go and read your tutorial when I finally get around to it. Maybe next year?

Missus Wookie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Hope you have a lovely festive season.

Sandra said...

Wishing you a merry Christmas, this year has been a joy getting to know you through your blog

S said...

Such a cool album. I hope your Christmas was very merry. Happy New Year!

Solange J. said...

Oh ! I love it, this is gorgeous !