Tuesday 24 December 2013

Festive Greetings!

Over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog today* I've shared a couple of sketches for scrapping some of the many photos we'll be snapping this festive season.  If mini-books are more your thing then perhaps you'd like to give a home-made word book a try ...


I made that one back in 2008 as a present for a friend's photos of her first grandson's first Christmas. I made another one a couple of years later to fill with quotes and festive photos as a family gift.  It had extra pages between the letters to allow for extra snapshots.


While I was making it I took step-by-step photos and put together a set of instructions - originally published in 2010 on UKScrappers, but you can download them directly here and see some more inside pages here.  The instructions are for the word "NOËL" but they are easy to adapt to "XMAS", "2013" or indeed any other word, long or short!  Let me know if you have a go!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

* A slight scheduling faux pax on my part means that this post went live 2 days early - so that CKCB post isn't there until Christmas Eve! Sorry!

9 comments:

Sian said...

A Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

Lou said...

Merry Christmas to you too x a lovely word book x

Alison said...

I like the look of these!...am off to investigate!
Happy Christmas to you and yours
Alison xx

Lesley G said...

A gorgeous little book :)

Missus Wookie said...

How lovely - I have a blank book from back then... I'll go and read your tutorial when I finally get around to it. Maybe next year?

Missus Wookie said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! Hope you have a lovely festive season.

Sandra said...

Wishing you a merry Christmas, this year has been a joy getting to know you through your blog

Susanne said...

Such a cool album. I hope your Christmas was very merry. Happy New Year!

Isbaha said...

Oh ! I love it, this is gorgeous !