And stayed out.
Along with the TV, the heating, the cordless telephone, the internet router and Child No.3's laptop!
So it was time to break out the candles ...
... and the wind-up lanterns. Luckily we have a gas hob, so hot water bottles and cups of tea were available. By morning the power had been restored and we were grateful that only one panel of the (neighbour's) fence had blown down. Other neighbours were less fortunate and lost roof tiles whilst for many others in the region the damage was worse and the power cuts longer.
I wonder how many others will zoom in and out on the effects of the UK storm this week?