Friday 4 July 2014

Not Left Out

Jimjams - layout detail - machine stitching, clear stickers
I've been challenge combining again for my first page with this month's counterfeit kit.

This time I've taken inspiration from the June sketch over at Sue's blog (she publishes a prize sketch every month if you fancy joining in) and the July challenge criteria over at S J Crafts ... to pick 1 each of shape, colour, phrase/theme from 5 choices ...

... and to tell the story of last year's Easter Egg Hunt that almost didn't happen!!!

As No.1 & No.2 Son were both occupied elsewhere during the Easter holidays, I'd thought that Child No.3 wouldn't be bothered with our usual garden hunt for plastic eggs filled with clues to the whereabouts of something large and chocolatey ...

Jimjams - Layout - Not Left Out

... but when I saw her looking expectantly out of the window on Easter morning, trying to spot her pink and purple plastic eggs I realised my mistake!  Luckily I was able to set up the hunt in Granny's garden instead and nobody was any the wiser ... until today :-)

The title has been cut with Sizzix Round-a-Bout dies and outlined with my journalling pen and the subtitle has been Dymo-punched with whitewash coredinations.  I'll let you into another secret too (those three squares and the clear letter stickers are covering up an unfortunate bare tummy and an ugly piece of metal  on the wall - funny how these imperfections influence the final page isn't it?!)

19 comments:

alexa said...

Another lovely page. What a clever cover-up: you AND her! :).

Susanne said...

What a charming snapshot - and your page complements it so.

Lisa said...

I love those title letters. They remind me of those Sassafras letters - I hoarded a whole load of them and are too stingy to use them!

Sandra said...

What a fun page, I love so many bits on it ... Actually I'm wrong! I love it all

Sandie said...

haha!! I used to love planning easter egg hunts but my children asked me not to hide them in the garden once they reached a certain teen-age as they said it was embarrassing if the neighbours saw them! Miss those days of having children to do that with but hope now I have resigned from my day job that I can have more time with my granddaughters instead....

Virginia said...

Fabulous layout - i love the sewing on it - really adds to the overall look of the layout

Chidkid said...

A wonderful LO as usual Jemma.. I love your style!

Scrapthology said...

A really sweet evocative page. Love it.

Beverly said...

love the page and that you nade sure she wasn't disappointed :)

Maria Ontiveros said...

Those shades of green look great with the pop of pink.
Rinda

My Little World said...

Lovely layout...I am a big fan of using embellishments to cover up bits you dont like/want on show.

Alison said...

Love the layout..I'm another who covers things up with embellishments!
Alison xx

Sherri Everett said...

Beautiful page! I love the white arrows and "fabulous"-they really pop! Such a cute story behind the photo, too. :)

Tina Campbell said...

What a beautiful layout and a wonderful tradition :) So glad that it was able to take place, you know us women and chocolate I'm not surprised at all that she was looking ;)

cinmfoster said...

Beautiful layout and a great story.

Lesley G said...

Aw, glad she got her hunt - and a great page to tell the story :)

The Scrapbook Lady UK said...

great work! jx

Unknown said...

Lovely layout. I definitely love your creativity with masking the parts you don't like!

sassyscrapper said...

Great use of the dots to tie in with the background paper.