Monday 2 May 2016

A Perfect 10

I squeezed in with a late layout from my April Counterfeit Kit, so it seems only fair to be really early with my first page from May's kit!  Especially as it was an example page for my UKScrappers Team Challenge which went live this morning!  We are scrapping a treasure, with journalling to tell the story (10+ lines or 30+ words) and some bling!

I recently completed my 10th blood donation and the NHSBT sent me a badge to commemorate it!  Ten donations isn't that big a deal (there was a man giving for the 108th time at my 10th session), but it's progress.  You see, I thought that my blood was only useful for research purposes following jaundice in my early childhood.  However, that certainly is no longer the case, as I discovered when keeping Child No.3 company for her first donation.  To make up for lost time, I've been donating as quickly as possible ever since!



I've used the May Sketch from the FB Sketchy Scrappers Group to make this special page for my Book Of Me using my May Counterfeit Kit (including home-made enamel dots - see the upcoming CKCB Forgeries On The Fourth for details).

8 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

Congratulations Jemma on your blood donating. My ex husband has done it for years.
Your layout is just right with the focus on the photo. I like that top paper, I think I might have it :)

Susanne said...

Congrats on your milestone - and bless you for donating. I like your layout - it really lets the photo shine.

Chidkid said...

I'm so grateful to you Jemma. A perfect page for a wonderful item.

Sian said...

As a recipient of donated blood, I will be everlastingly grateful for you and the others who give so willingly. Thank you!

My not so simple life said...

Great layout and well done you for donating :)

Missus Wookie said...

Another blood donator here, I've never scrapped my badges (they didn't use to give those) what a good idea.

LCSmithSAVED said...

What a scrap-worthy subject for an All About Me page! I especially liked the blood-red custom enamel dots :D I have been known to include the actual commemorative badge right on the page, else it would languish in a drawer somewhere.

Stacy's Paper Crafts said...

Nice layout, and what a great story to document!