Friday 13 June 2014

Project 12 2014

A while back I was lucky enough to get the Hello My Name Is collection pack from S J Crafts to play with.  You can see how I started to cut into the collection at the S J Crafts blog


I've produced three singles and one double from the collection already (here, here, here and here) but I'd kept back the names of the months sheet and the scraps to use on my "Project 12" pages for 2014.

This year I'm scrapping one photo for each month along with notes about our doings ... and squashing two months onto a page.  Here are January & February (minus the journalling).


I'll add more embellishments if there's space after I've journalled!  I had photos ready for March & April too so they were next.


Although I didn't have a photo ready for May I pressed on with (nearly) all the remaining months. It was actually quicker preparing them without worrying about the photos; I'm sure things will work out later in the year.  These pages will fit into two double page protectors that take two 12x12 layouts on each side, leaving me space for a 2014 front page and a page of extra photos too ... I have plenty of scraps left from the collection.  Which ties in nicely with Jennifer Grace's challenge to let yourself go ... create without worrying about the ends result (yet)!

One more? Five more!  :-D

Do you ever prepare pages before you have the photos ready?  Or are you a photo first scrapper?

11 comments:

Chidkid said...

I loved what you'd done with this so much, I bought a set myself..great job as always

kjjc said...

wow. well done on getting so much out of one kit. very inspiring.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michele said...

Wow - I'm very impressed with the way you've stretched out the kit. Fab LOs!

Sandie said...

Great lay outs Jemma, I think it is good to let go and find out what develops!

Lesley G said...

Love these Jemma as you know.
I have never scrapped without a photo - I know a few people that do but I use the photo as a starting point!
I see you used the "mistake"

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the colors here.
Rinda

Virginia said...

Fabulous work!

Jennifer Grace said...

These look really good, I love how you are prepared in advance! It's great having them all co-ordinated because you've used the kit but they all have different arrangements. I don't think I've ever prepped pages without photos, but I have with mini albums! Thank you for joining in the challenge at Jennifer Grace Creates! x

Annie Claxton said...

Wowweee you did squeeze a lot out of one kit Jemma! Brilliant pages and I love the idea of getting the layouts all ready for the photos to be added, may have to try that myself. Thanks for an inspiring post :o)

Lisa said...

Love the idea of getting it all prepared ahead of time. And they look great too. I very often make up a whole scrapbook page before looking for photos. Especially if I'm following a challenge.