Monday 15 September 2014

Welcome to ZIZO #37

As Rinda's Scavenger Hunt nears its close I thought I'd better get moving on the final few.  I have driven past a sign like this at least half a dozen times a week all summer, but it's never quite been convenient to stop safely and walk back to take a photo.  However on Friday, I was driving out the other side of the town on my way to a scrappy retreat with my blogging friends when I spotted the sign in my rear-view mirror.  There were no cars behind me and parking on the roadside was allowed so I guessed it was now or never for:
#1 A Sign Welcoming People To A Town Near Me
Jimjams - ZIZO 37 - A Welcome Sign
As I got closer for the photo I was intrigued to realise that the coat of arms thingy, wasn't!  My Zoom In reveals that it is a representation of the town hall!  The town council used to be for Crewe AND its neighbouring town Nantwich which explains the recent date of establishment when they became separate entities!  I'm linking up with Helena's 37th week and am off to look for the final few Scavenger Hunt items before Tuesday 23rd!

6 comments:

kjjc said...

Ah I thought I spied your face on another blogger's blog where there is a post about said retreat. What a great idea.

scrappyjacky said...

Our sign is in a very difficult place to stop as well.

Lesley G said...

I love that sign!
Don't think I'm going to finish the hunt this year!

Missus Wookie said...

Interesting ZIZO. Need to post some hunt photos too.

helena said...

clever way to fill a crest shaped space on a sign

betty-NZ said...

That's a crafty way to get your attention!