Monday 17 September 2012

CHA Fakery #2

I was being cheerfully optimistic when I named my previous counterfeiting tutorial CHA Fakery #1, hoping that I'd find time to blog some further how-tos for the items that I counterfeited for my September Counterfeit Kit but not entirely sure that life would let me.  So far this month, the scrapping gods have smiled upon me and so here's a very quick and simple tutorial to share - forging the lovely flag tags made by Jenni Bowlin Studio:

Home made Kraft flag tags
  • Cut a rectangle from (kraft) cardstock, punch a hole in the centre of one end and snip out a triangle from the other end
  • Punch a hole in a scrap of (kraft) cardstock and then use a small (¾") circle punch to fake a ring-reinforcer {Tip: turn the circle punch upside down to help centralise the small hole}
    or use a small coin as a template if you don't have such a tiny punch and punch the centre hole afterwards
    or just grab a ring-reinforcer from your stationary supplies!
  • Colour it with inks/pens if required and adhere to your rectangle over the punched hole
Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy, eh?!  Which means that you can then start playing around:
    Decorated home-made kraft tags
  • use patterned paper instead of cardstock for your ring-reinforcer
  • use a different shaped punch for the hole
  • use a pen to add a border around your tag
  • add some stamping to a plain tag
  • add some patterned paper or washi-tape at the hole end of the tag
  • round some corners
  • layer up a tag onto patterned paper
And all for free :o)

18 comments:

Maria Ontiveros said...

I love tags! And, you're right, they are really easy to recreate on your own.
Rinda

Margie said...

These are AWESOME!! I definitely need to make some! Pinning for sure!

scrappymo! said...

These look so great...I do up things like this too...so economical and you can customize them to match your page! Yay!

marianne said...

I am IN LOVE with these!! I believe they will be showing up on a LO very soon!!

Lisa-Jane said...

Brilliant ideas there, thank you so much!

Susanne said...

Great list of things to try for such cute tags.

Suzy said...

These are fab, I might have to pinch that idea :)

humel said...

Oh, these are fabby indeed :) Love them!

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

WOW! These are amazing!!!

LCSmithSAVED said...

**applause**

glorygirl said...

What great tags! These would be great for using up scraps and for dusting off my stamps (ahem!). Way to go!

alexa said...

What superb ideas! I've jotted down your instructions for future use - these tags look great. I'm thinking presents ...

MiliPea Designs said...

I LOVE these!!!! I am sooo copying these!!!

Missus Wookie said...

One of the nicest thing about being absolutely swamped at the moment is I've not looked at any CHA hints/reveals whatevers... but keep seeing tutorials on how to fake 'em ;)

Lovely!

Sassy Breese said...

You do a great job here of showing the steps in the first photo. Being a visual learner, this works well for me. Now off to find me a 3/4" punch.

happysnapper said...

wow look at the tags on that, nice work

Clair said...

Ooh, liking the idea of using patterned papers for the ring re-enforcers - what a great way to use up little scraps!

PsyDCarolyn said...

I LOVE these tags! Very cute and creative, and I love the kraft! Thanks for sharing!