Sunday 30 September 2012

A Stitch-Up?

Were you inspired by Clair's Stitching On Paper class last month?  I was.  Hand-stitching has featured on a few of my pages recently, including this page for my Las Vegas album.

Layout - Camel Racing - Jimjams
Meeting the UKS Weekly Challenge criteria of:
1 Photo, 2 Embellishments, 3 Cardstock colours, 4 Patterned Papers, 5 Title Words and 6 Circles

I've embroidered both my title, using the same font as on this page, and some hexagons directly onto the background cardstock.  I had fun with my border punch to make my banner and used some of my counterfeited flag tags for my journalling.  All supplies are from my September Counterfeit Kit.

Circus Circus is a "family friendly" hotel in Vegas with lots of free entertainment and floors full of fairground "attractions" ALL making the most incredible noise!  They probably ought to give out free headache tablets!

Most of the machines and games are very anti-social solitary, but five of us risked a few dollars throwing balls into holes in order to propel camels along a race-track - we still didn't win though - a kid just out of shot somehow beat us all. What a stitch-up!

17 comments:

CoventryAnn said...

Love the embroidered letters, must have a go at that!

Lou said...

i have certainly been inspired by Clair's stitching on paper! Your hand stitching looks amazing, love the hexagons!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the stitching round your hexagons.

MiniOwner said...

Absolutely brilliant! I love it all.
Sue xx

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Such a fun looking page! Love the stitching you used!

Irene said...

Gorgeous layout. The stitching really does pop off the page. I like the colours you have used and the two buttons are a great match.

Sian said...

I love those hexagons too, just like everyone else - they're stand outs

CoventryAnn said...

Just to add I tried the letter stitching for a LO today, and am really pleased with how it turned out, thanks for the inspiration :)

Lisa-Jane said...

That looks fantastic! I love the contrast between the hexagons and circles.

Dawn said...

Did you machine stitch or hand stitch the hexagons and letters. love this page, must check out more of clair's class!

Susanne said...

The stitching is fab - makes the whole page fab, in fact!

Missus Wookie said...

love the texture given by the stitching - and the title combo is lovely.

Can't stand those fairground noise makers, which may explain why we never go...

alexa said...

Oh my goodness, this isn't a scrapbook page, it's a work of art! Wonderful stitching ideas...

glorygirl said...

Oh my goodness! The stitched letters and stitching around the hexagons are wonderful!!!! So eye catching!

Sassy Breese said...

I'm oogling your banner. Way too cool.

Eleanor said...

Just fabulous! And this and its like, dear Jimjams, is why I'm not scrapping these days - too envious, too inadequate, and unequal to, as Alexa so neatly describes such 'works of art'. I really love what you do, admire you, and you're funny to boot. :D
E
xx

Tara O said...

I love it. This is an awesome LO!! I like to hand stitch too and I actually did one in September, just recently posted on my blog!