Thursday 13 September 2012

6x6 Love

A recent series of posts (1 2 3) over at S J Crafts by Lisa-Jane inspired me to include some 6x6 papers in my September Counterfeit Kit.  The smaller patterns are more my style and strangely enough I found it much easier to to cut into a pristine sheet from a 6x6 pad - perhaps that's because it was already "scrap" sized or perhaps it was the thought of there being at least one "spare" back on the pad?!  Either way, they really helped me when I was creating this page about the sillier shopping opportunities in Las Vegas!

Layout - Fooling Around in Vegas - Jimjams
6x6 papers from MME's Lime Twist Fly A Kite pad
Layout detail - punched circles & computer-printed journallingWe kept seeing ridiculously large bauble necklaces for sale at various stalls on the strip and my friend decided to try one on.  Of course this meant that the stall holder thought we wanted to buy it and kept trying to find the price that we would pay ... eventually we managed to convince him that he'd have had to pay us to take it off his hands!!   We never did see anyone actually wearing one for real!
We were also tickled by the mega-super-sized packaging for certain products in the store nearest to our hotel.  I don't think they always colour-coordinated so well as these Cheese Balls though!

Everything is from my current kit apart from the title alphas and the orange scraps - they came from my August Counterfeit Kit! This page was also made for the Monthly Challenge over at UKScrappers - on the theme of Work, Rest or Play!

16 comments:

Sian said...

I've been staring in amazement at that beautifully placed title! So even, such a lovely line..

Brilliant fun

LCSmithSAVED said...

Hahahaha! Great photos - and the closer line "Would you like that SUPER-SIZED?" - genius!

scrappyjacky said...

I totally agree about 6 x 6 being easier to cut into!
Love your 'silly' page and agree with Sian about that perfectly placed title.

glorygirl said...

Fabulous page! Love the super fun feel to it! I'm also surprised at how well the circles and notebook edges work so well together. Hilarious photos!!! Looks like you had a really fun time!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love the circles! And the shape of the title.
Rinda

Sarah said...

Great layout for such fun photos!!! I'm pleased Lisa Jane's 6 x 6 series inspired you to create!! Thanks for entering our 6 x 6 challenge!! Sarah x

scrappymo! said...

The little circles and the title are just fab. So true about the supersizes.

Missus Wookie said...

Oh love the way you've done the title - such a lovely curve. One of the things I did bring back from my parents was a new curvy ruler... hmm might be inspired.

Little journaling block/strips are fun too.

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Great looking page! Love all the circles!!

Lisa-Jane said...

Those little pads sure are handy and so much easier on the nerves to cut into aren't they?! Thanks for the shout out and thanks so much for joining in the challenge at S J Crafts.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

I love the shrunk-down size and prints of 6x6, too. I love your circle background - such a nice effect!

MiliPea Designs said...

We always have to try on something silly when we go shopping - its a rule! Love how your layout came out and I might have to include some 6x6 in one of my kits. Great tip!

Susanne said...

Wow there is a lot of precise work on that page - wonderfully done.

Tish - GaMtnScrap said...

Love your page! I love all the circles and the beautifully done title. I also like how you did the journaling in strips. I do like my 6x6 pads too!

Margie said...

Love the punched circles! Great page!

Clair said...

Ooh, love this layout and it's linear feel. Lovely!