Monday 6 August 2012

Going Digi with the CKCB

Kit detail - ribbons & ric-rac
Welcome to the August's Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Hop around the Master Forgers!  Have you already been to visit this month's Guest Designer Lynette?

This month we have a bit of a departure in terms of counterfeiting ... copying a digital kit!  It was hard to choose just one to counterfeit, but in the end we chose Summer Lovin' from Scrap Orchard - a lovely mix of bright colours and fun embellishments:

Summer Lovin' by Scrap Orchard
Summer Lovin'
Now digi isn't really my thing - I have enough trouble deciding what paper or stickers to use without having the almost infinite choices of shade or font size that digi opens up!  So I've stuck to paper this month - starting as I always do by seeing what similar patterns/colours I have in my existing stash.  First off I found a sunny hexagon pattern, a multi-colour floral and a woodgrain paper in amongst some recent acquisitions.  I loved the yellow, orange, teal combination that was forming so I pulled the rest of my papers to tone with these.
My Sizzlit rosette die will be put to use soon and I'm planning to make some hexagonal pinwheels shortly.

August Counterfeit Kit
Supplies
Cardstock in teal, yellow & kraft
Be Adored from My Mind's Eye's Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" collection (teal ogees on the reverse)
On The Bright Side Small Floral (orange chevrons reverse) also by MME
MME's Societé (white ledger with added hexagons on the reverse) from their Follow Your Heart "Be Amazing" collection
Echo Park's Paradise Beach Sunshine (orange flowers, swirls & surfer on the "B" side)
Storyteller Yesterday (cream floral pattern reverse) by Crate Paper
MME Branches (teal and white dots reverse) from On The Bright Side
MME's On The Bright Side Stitched (denim reverse) - left over from July's Counterfeit Kit
Plain orange paper (manufacturer unknown)

Embellishments
Crate Paper Storyteller alpha and label stickers
Various ribbons, ric-rac, cord & string
MME Happy Days twine
Basic Grey fabric decorated brads
A selection of yellow, orange & brown buttons
Crocheted flowers
A selection of journalling blocks/tags from K&Co and Crate Paper
Kaisercraft December 25th (!) pearls
Sizzlit Mini Paper Rosette die
Tickets and a Sizzlit ticket die (not shown)
Various brads and bookplates (not shown)

I'm looking forward to using up some ribbons this month - it's been a while since I used a lot on my pages as I've been going through a machine stitching & button phase recently.  Do you get stuck on a particular technique/type of embellishment?

Next on the kit tour is the lovely Jen who makes awesome kits full to bursting with gorgeousness!  If you get lost along the way pop back to the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog for a full list of the hops!

21 comments:

Margie said...

Oooh, gorgeous! I love your warm colors!

LCSmithSAVED said...

Like that you grabbed your color inspiration from the first pull of paper - all the rest just falls into place :~) Looks like your chock full of goodness for the month!

Jen Cro said...

I love your papers. The colors are great together.

Mary B said...

yes I love this colour combo and you have created a really great kit.

scrappymo! said...

Lovely colours. Your kit looks great.

Clair said...

Ooh, this feels like a different range of colours for you Jemma! I love it, it's absolutely gorgeous!

I do find that I can get stuck in a little bit of a rut with my crafting - so it's always fun to try something new (or something old) when I can. I've not included ribbon in my own kits for a while either, so maybe I'll steal that bit of inspiration from you? x

Susanne said...

Cool stuff Jemma - that denim paper with the stitching detail is ab-fab
! Enjoy your kit.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Great kit! I just got some Pink Paislee Prairie Hill, and your kit colors remind me of that line. And I have some of those Smash tags - hadn't thought about how they would coordinate with some of my new stuff. Love it!

sassyscrapper said...

What a wonderfully created kit. I hear ya on the digi front. People do amazing things with it, but I'm a paper girl myself! Love the TH medallions and that golden chicken wire patterned paper. I love ribbon and need to use it more - looking forward to seeing your creations.

chksngr said...

Love your color choices on this one!

Julie Ann Rachelle Interior Design said...

I love the awesome fresh orange, teal, and yellow combo! The rosettes will be so cool too! We have the same letter stickers from Crate Paper! Your patterns are so fun, I can't wait to see what you make Jemma!!! xoxo

alexa said...

Some of my favourite colours in here! This must have been quite a challenge to do, and you've done it wonderfully. :)

Tara O said...

Very pretty colors this month. Love some of your various embellies...the twine, buttons are always a fave and the accordian flowers

MiliPea Designs said...

Okay I guess I'm too late to the game to steal Rebecca's comment - but the colors do remind me of Prairie Hill and I did just buy some of it also! LOL! It is a lovely kti and I really love that twine package!

Julie H said...

I've got plenty of ribbon in my stash, and I'm hoping to use some this month too!

Razzled Scrapper said...

Your kit is amazing. I love the colors you picked and all the great embellishments. I think I might try to counterfeit your kit. Miss talking to everyone and looking forward to seeing your layouts this month.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love your kit! I found the original a bit confusing, but I'm liking the ones I'm seeing on people's blogs.
Rinda

Missus Wookie said...

Lovely colours. Now see I like the digi stuff I've done as I can make that durned tag/button/ribbon the right size for my page ;)

Yes, I go through phases of embellishments too. Thankfully as I mix my pages up it isn't as obvious as when I scrapped chronologically!

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

I like the addition of orange to the color palette! Those rosette flowers are gorgeous!

Sassy Breese said...

I too have found CKC a good way to reaquaint myself with a less used technique or product. I tend to avoid messy techniques so last month I used a virgin stamp set. This month I am pulling out the paints.

Lisa said...

I really love the colours of your kit and the rosette die is a winner (hint to self: need to get one at last) and I am interested to see what you do with the ribbons - I have so many and have NO idea what to do with them!