Crop Circle's Note To Self is the kit-to-copy over at the CKCB this month (well actually there is a choice of two to copy but I've avoided the pink one LOL). I loved the bright mish mash of patterns, colours and journalling spots in the alternative kit, but where to start with the counterfeiting?
I noticed that there were lots of letters featured on the papers and searched through my stash for colourful examples ... but found only numbers. Ever one to change things up, I grabbed them and started matching other parts of the kit ...
- colourful circles √
- multi-coloured stripes √
- chevrons - I'll make them from the stripes √
- semi-circles for borders and patterns - I grabbed some circular punches √
- journalling spots in a mix of colours √ plus stamps to make more if required √
- lots of words and phrases to embellish with √
- tiny alphas in various shades and fonts √
- index cards & file tabs - another punch and a Sizzlit die will do the honours here √
- felt pompoms - I adapted an on-line tutorial and counterfeited my own √
|Mmmm - I'm not entirely convinced that anyone would|
mistake the two kits as twins - distant cousins perhaps?!
Scenic Route's Sierra Place Sonoma (red & cream numbers on the reverse),
Create and Enjoy from Basic Grey's Colour Me Silly collection (will it never end?) along with Demerit, Home Room and monograms from their Recess line
Daidy D's Beacon Hill Stripe
Art Appreciation, Study Hall, borders & journalling cards from Cosmo Cricket's The Boyfriend collection
Bits & Pieces and High 5 from Clubhouse by Dream Street Papers (journalling spots & brown on their reverse sides)
MLS Blackberry Mini Alphas, Websters Pages Storytellers alphas, Adornit Tiny Whoopsy Teal alphas, American Crafts Peacock Mini Marks rub-ons
Scraps of Seaglass by K&Co for the word-fetti
There was no mention of cardstock in the kit list, but I can't manage without it for matting, journalling, titles etc so I added some sheets of yellow, green, orange and some new (to me) teal coloured kraft-core cardstock from Core'dinations.
Please come back