Saturday 6 October 2012

Blue - I Love You #1

Photo - kit detail
Hey Blue, here is a post for you ...
Below you'll see a kit
My October counterfeit
There is your hop from meeeeee ...

Apologies to Joni Mitchell :o)
But with a beautiful kit-to-copy containing lots of lovely blue papers, patterns and alphas, from newcomer to the kit-club scene, Gossamer Blue, this song has been playing over and over in my head!

Welcome to the October Blog Hop from the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog Master Forgers.  Hopefully you popped over from Crystal, but if not, the hop started here, where there's a full list of participants so that you don't miss any inspiration.

Photo - kit-to-copy - Gossamer Blue Sept 2012

Lots of chevrons this month (there are even more if you count the reverse sides of the papers), but seeing as my bargain bin stash isn't really on trend and I'm not supposed to be spending money on these kits, I had to improvise as usual:

Photo - October 2012 Counterfeit Kit

My supply list:
Cardstock - Coredinations burnt orange, AC Kraft, Bazzill white - but as ever I may will add more!
Lily Bee Design Victoria Park Charcoal (plain black reverse - which is probably the official front)
6x6 sheet of Everyday Lines from MME's Lime Twist Fly A Kite pad (multi-coloured diagonals)
Front Porch Picket Fence Painted Wicker - my only single-sided paper this month
Lazy Days (multi-coloured dots) & Playground (multi-coloured flowers) - both EP Walk In The Park
6x6 sheet of Spring Zag from MME's Lime Twist Fly A Kite pad (orange reverse)
Lily Bee Design Victoria Park Grand Theatre (green check on reverse)
Victoria Gardens Sunshine (yellow damask) & Walk In The Park Mother Nature (brown wavy lines) - both Echo Park

Photo - kit papers reverseA selection of buttons and wooden stars
Ticket strips in yellow and orange
Chipboard curved frames and a Sizzlit bracket shaped die for making my own shapes
Heavy duty metal brads
Teal twine
Various ribbons
Papermania chevron washi tape (this featured last month too ... those rolls are BIG)
Lots of journalling cards - from Smash pads and Studio Calico Documentary as well as some left-over Project 365 hybrid cards I printed a long while ago.  I went looking for the link ... and found some even better ones from Persnickety Prints (with chevrons)!
Elle's Studio Bright Pennants
Thickers Regards, Cosmo Cricket Tiny Type and MLS Mini alphas

Photo - Kit embellishments

The next Master Forger to share her take on the monthly kit is Lisa so please hop over there to see what she's been up to this month.

20 comments:

Lou said...

I love to see all the different kits you pull together x

li-bee-ti said...

Your kit is so colorful, and it looks like you've had a lot of fun making it (I myself wasn't that happy with this month's kit...). Well done!

humel said...

It looks great, Jemma - can't wait to see what you do with it! :)

Clair said...

Wow. This is the perfect mix for the end of summer and the beginning of autumn. What a gorgeous mix of colours and patterns!

MiliPea Designs said...

Love the colors and I'm totally diggin' those tin stars!

Katie Scott Scrapbooking said...

Love your kit and love how you photographed it - well done!

Margie said...

What a great kit! love the little stars!

Jennifer Grace said...

Great kit, love the twine and the elle's studio flags! x

glorygirl said...

Your kit looks like a lot of fun!!! I think one of the loveliest things about the Counterfeit Kits is not spending any money. (and my BFF who used to check my receipt totals when we shopped for scrapbook supplies may not recognize me any more. LOL!) Love what you've created here!

Julie H said...

Love how you've "improvised" and come up with a lovely kit. Have fun!

Tricia said...

I love the patterns and colors you've chosen! Also thank you for the journalling cards link off to check it out!

Missus Wookie said...

oooh love the colours here. Yes all the different twine and tape rolls do come with just so MUCH stuff on don't they?

nomorelittlemonkeys said...

Your kit has such a fun playful quality! I love the colors you chose!

Susanne said...

What fun papers you've included this month - and a collection of doodads that I can't wait to see on your pages. Nice job, Jemma.

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

Great job! I have that Lime Twist paper, too, and need to get it into my rotation.

Razzled Scrapper said...

Love your kit. I really like that big dot paper and those little stars are so cute.

joyce rodli said...

good improv

Sassy Breese said...

Nice job on the kit. The last photo leaves me coveting your stash.

mandysea said...

You create such a tidy kit! LOL, mine are tossed together...
Your's look fabulous... wish I could be so organised! I'm in awe!

Angela Toucan said...

nice bold colours, really like the ribbons and buttons