Friday 1 February 2013

February Kraftiness

Kit detail - buttons A pinch and a punch, it's the first of the month ... which means that it's time for another reveal at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog.  Today the Master Forgers are blog-hopping how they took inspiration from this month's kit-to-copy, starting here with our February Guest Designer Mandy of A Teacup Of Scrapisms and, if you're following in order, then you will have reached me from Angela at Toucanscraps.

February's gorgeous kit-to-copy is from Scraptastic Club's already sold-out January kit called "Chasing Pavements".  It's luscious with lovely, lovely colours, right up my street ... BUT ...

Feb Kit-to-copy - Scraptastic Club's Chasing Pavements

(did you sense a "but" coming LOL) ... the colours are so similar to my January Counterfeit Kit that I needed to go in a different direction. I checked out the reverse sides of the pages and discovered that on top of the chevrons, speech bubbles, arrows and hexagons there were numbers, dots and stars too ...

I started with two sheets of My Mind's Eye Kraft funday - Super Star & Countdown - and took it from there:

February 2013 Kit




Supplies:
Cream, Turquoise Swiss Dot and Teal Bazzill and some Whitewashed Coredinations to match
Home Room from Basic Grey's Recess Collection
MME Happy Days Super Star (red stars reverse) & Countdown (teal chevrons reverse)
BG Scarlett's Letter Rapture
1½ sheets of Erroneous, a ¾ sheet of Standardised and Detention also from BG's Recess Collection
½ sheet of MME Branches (orange and white branches reverse) from On The Bright Side
BG Recess Thickset Monograms
American Crafts Peacock Mini Marks alpha rub-ons
A selection of old office supply alphabet & arrow rub-ons - these need using up!
Counterfeited hexagon spots
Kraft number & alpha tags (bought at KreaDoe in 2006)
Kraft shipping tags
Kraft & red twine
Various buttons from my stash
A fabric tag (thank you S)

I'll be back in a couple of days to share my first page ...in the meantime, please join me over at Jennifer's Jumbles and see what she has put together for this month.

28 comments:

Lesley G said...

Can't wait to see what you do with it tomorrow Jemma ;)

Lisa J said...

Very nice take on the kit Jemma esp.since you had already done the blue and green last month.

Clair said...

And I was just thinking how much these colourcolours suited your style. You always aim to change it up a bit, don't you?

Anonymous said...

I like the direction you took your kit in with the kraft. The first thing I noticed was those alpha tags and looked to see who they were by - lol - think I may have to counterfeit them instead!

Margie said...

Beautiful kit-very "you"! Love the warm tones you added!

Sian said...

I love that "office supply" kind of feel - makes me want to sit down and make lists!

Angela Toucan said...

fabby dabby colours, and I so want those buttons. Like those tag letters and numbers too. Great kit you've pulled together there.

sassyscrapper said...

I just adore Kraft...such a FAVE. And those tag letters...wow! I would love to get my hands on those. Will need to check out your product list more closely. Happy Scrapping!

glorygirl said...

Loooooove this! What a great idea to check out the reverse sides of the sheets!

Melissa said...

Oh, your kit is going to be great for a variety of layouts. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Lou said...

this looks like a kit i could use. love it x

alexa said...

Such a mellow feel with the colours of your buttons reflected across the papers - I really like this one.

Roxy said...

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I saw this kit, that it looks too much like my January kit! How clever are you to look at the B-sides?! Well, your kit looks great, thanks for the inspiration!

kate blue said...

very cool...and I know what you mean about the "but " coming on! Can't wait to see your creations!

Rebecca at How I Burb said...

What a great idea to look at the b-sides for inspiration. Have a great month!

Julene Matthews said...

I like the touches of brown & turquoise in this kit.

Julie H said...

Great kit, love all the rub-ons and touches of kraft you've added.

JulieJ said...

That is so much more you than some of the pinks and flowers that come up. I can't believe those chevrons and arrows, considering the papers I used last month for my London Underground LOs!

MiliPea Designs said...

You are going "old school" with this kit! Love that you are using up some really "vintage" stash here but it doesn't feel old. This kit flows really well.

humel said...

Oh, that looks fun - love the colours :) Can't wait to see what you make with it!

Maria Ontiveros said...

Love it!
Rinda

mandysea said...

oooh, this kit is a fave of mine... I could sit down and scrap from this! Lots and lots of fabby things I love!

joyce rodli said...

thank you for checking out the other side.Hahahahahaha. i wrote down #'s, dots, stars.

li-bee-ti said...

Well, it's a real problem when the colors are just the same as the previous countefeit kit... LOL
Love the creative way you took to solve the problem.
Great kit and I love all the kraft here.

Sherri Everett Thompson said...

Love the kraft-y stuff, Jemma! I might need to track down these papers! Such a great photo of your kit, too-I love the trail of buttons! :-)

Jennifer Grace said...

I LOVE all the kraft in your kit! And those brown buttons! Looking good...! x

Missus Wookie said...

Oh this is nice - I like both sets the original and your take. Looking forward to seeing the creations.

Lisa said...

I really like the muted colours in this kit and the hexagons. I spy a few older items in there that I'm sure have lurking in my stash too! Enjoy