Thursday 23 January 2014

Zoom In Zoom Out #4

As promised, a happier ZIZO post from me ... and (nearly) at the beginning of Helena's weekly link-up for a change.

First there's a shot of a little flag cluster made last year at the Green Button's retreat using my October Counterfeit Kit after some tips on using washi tape creatively from my friend Jolene.

Jimjams - ZIZO 04 - Published in Scrap365

And if I zoom out a little ... there's the layout with the flags in the Readers' Gallery in the latest issue of Scrap365, using a photo from last year's Swedish road trip.  Along with washi tape covered die-cuts, I'm using one of my favourite stitching techniques to outline my title letters.

Jimjams - Layout - The 50s Rock!

And while I'm, not so subtly, using ZIZO to blow my own trumpet :-D  I'd also like to share that I recently applied for the Design Team at the UK on-line store S J Crafts ... and was accepted!  Sarah broke the news here on her shop blog on Monday.  I'm looking forward to having a play with some of their lovely stash and working alongside a very talented team for the next three months.  Wish me luck!

S J Crafts Logo

21 comments:

Lesley G said...

Congrats again, Jemma - love those cute flags and I've always loved that layout :)

helena said...

congrats - look forward to seeing what you do. Great washi use

alexa said...

Delighted to hear your good news! And that's a lovely zizo :).

Sian said...

That's congratulations twice over then! You'll be an asset to their team and I look forward to seeing what you come up with

Missus Wookie said...

Congratulations for both! That's a lovely set of flags as well.

Anonymous said...

Fab layout Jemma, and congrats on your DT spot! Looking forward to seeing your DT projects. :)

Sarah said...

Congrats on your Scrap 365 appearance ... I did spot you in the mag and it's a great layout ... delighted to have you on the S J Crafts Team ... I know you'll be fab!! xx

Lou said...

A super page and it was lovely to hear you are on the team Jemma.

Miriam said...

A really lovely ZIZO and great use of washi tape. Congratulations on making the design team, and thanks for your visit.

Claire said...

I saw this in the mag & thought it was a fab layout! Congrats. Well done on the DT too.
C xx

Sandie said...

That's a great zizo - and though I've said it before I'll say it again, big congratulations on being a member of the design team! Look forward to seeing your pages

Alison said...

Congrats on both counts, Jemma!....love the layout!
Alison xx

Maria Ontiveros said...

I just caught up on all you ZIZO's. What a nice variety. I think the first one in the tea shop is still my favorite.
Rinda

Chidkid said...

Love this LO.. even better IRL.. congrats again on the design team selection

fatmonica said...

Love the layout especially the flags. Congratulations on the DT.

Melissa said...

What a great group of photos for Zoom In/Zoom Out. And I like the use of washi tape & stitching on your layout.

Congrats on the new design team!!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the DT team! I love the stitching around the letters.

furrypig said...

another great layout and the flags are great

Prairie Jill said...

Great subject matter for the ZIZO theme! And congratulations on the design team selection!

Karen said...

Congrats on the design team! This was a great idea for ZIZO, and makes me think a bit differently about my subjects!

Lisa-Jane said...

LOVE this layout! Great colours and I love the stitching round the title too.