Thursday 30 January 2014

Zoom In Zooom Out #5

"Have you seen the fire?" asked Child No.3 as she returned home earlier this week.
"Fire? No.  Where?"
"Right outside!  It's enormous.  Five fire engines.  Plumes of smoke.  I can't believe you haven't noticed!"
I hadn't heard sirens.  I hadn't noticed.  And that's because the fire was actually nowhere near our house.  It was, however, a serious one, about a mile and a half away, which had been burning for a couple of hours, sending plumes of thick black smoke 200ft into the sky.

ZIZO 05 - Smokey Skies

Zooming in, you could be forgiven for thinking that there was a stormy rain cloud by the lamp post, but the bigger picture tells a different story!  Nobody was physically hurt, thankfully, though houses around the blaze at commercial greenhouses had to be evacuated to a local pub.  Not a great start to 2014 for one company.  I hope they are well insured.

I'm linking up with Helena's 5th week of Zoom In Zoom Out ... 5 out of 5 so far ... how are you doing?


11 comments:

Missus Wookie said...

Oh :( Not a good start at all - hope they were insured. But interesting pair and yes considering the weather the first could easily be yet another storm cloud!

helena said...

what a dramatic sight - well captured

Heather McMahon said...

Wow! What dramatic pics! Stay safe.

Sian said...

Wow, that's a dramatic scene alright. I like the way it needs the two pictures to tell the whole story

Lesley G said...

Saw it on the news that morning!
Glad you were all safe :)

ComfyMom~Stacey said...

Those are great photos. Love the look of dark smoke. Though not the reason for it. :(

Karen said...

The Zoom Out is such a dramatic photo; I'm glad no one was hurt.

alexa said...

Now that's the most dramatic ZIZO I have seen! Nicely captured.

Melissa said...

Wow - I'm so glad no one was hurt. Great job with the zoom in/zoom out. I've participated twice this year and plan to jump in and out all year long!

Maria Ontiveros said...

What a dramatic zizo!
Rinda

Sandra said...

Oh my gosh, how awful. Mind you, you've seen the best side to it ..... Great shots