Thursday 16 January 2014

Fantasy Rock

Child No.3 is a big fan of Emilie Autumn and was desperate to see her in concert last summer.  Not only that, but she was also willing to pay the extra to get a V.I.P. ticket for a meet and greet session before the show.  Luckily I wasn't working when the tickets went on sale and spent an hour sitting by the computer, clicking refresh, waiting for them to "go live".  That was one happy daughter after college that day!  Here's a page with the official photo and a copy of the "doodle" that Child No.3 presented to her heroine.

Jimjams - Layout - Fight Like A Girl

I'm joining in with the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog's third challenge for January: to stamp on patterned paper.  I used Banana Frog Fireworks stamps on the Basic Grey Solar Eclipse paper and the background cardstock - a fun way to tie the two together.

Talking of tying things together, this is another multi-challenge page (you know how I love them) as I've joined in with the January Simple Recipe Challenge over at UKScrappers which asked us to use a combination of rich plum, greeny blue and warm red ... not sure I managed much of the greeny blue, but I did add glitter to some alphabet stickers as required.

I also had fun doodling the striped frames, mixing up my glittery alphas and adding a couple of staples to squeeze in an entry for Punky Scraps December Challenge - phew!!

Keen readers may have spotted that these papers weren't actually in my counterfeit kit for January ... well done!  As long as I'm using stash it's all good I promise.  Plus I have another page that does use my January kit all ready for the end of the month CKCB Members' Blog Hop.

If you fancy joining in with that, please e-mail the CKCB by the 18th - everyone is welcome to join in with a project from any of our monthly challenges - the more the merrier!

P.S. I can't let you go without sharing a close-up of Child No.3's "doodle" with you - I'm so proud of this girl!

Jimjams - Child No.3's Doodle for Emilie Autumn - Time For Tea

20 comments:

Lesley G said...

I thought your doodling was good until I saw Child#3's work of art. Great LO and entered into so many challenges - well done you :)

Missus Wookie said...

Love a good multi-challenge entry LO :) Great 'doodle' and well done on getting those tickets too!

K said...

WOW, that doodle is stunning!

Sarah said...

Fab layout & love the stamping! As for the doodle .... Wow!!

happysnapper said...

Amazing doodle again E.

Sian said...

"Doodle" doesn't do it justice! It's amazing

alexa said...

So, I have news for you - this is not a doodle, it is ART! What a stunning g piece of work - no wonder you are proud!

Sandra said...

I can honestly say I'm in awe .... That is one talented and creative daughter you have there :)

LCSmithSAVED said...

Amazingly creative work - both hers & yours!

Beverly said...

Love the layout and think your doodle is perfect for it but WOW you have a very talented artist on your hands. Is that what she is studying?

Lisa said...

art like that always takes my breath away! amazing. And what a great layout to showcase it - I bet she loves it. Great job :-)

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Wow! That's some doodle. Isn't it lovely to have artistic children.

Mary B said...

O wow to that doodle it is fantastic
great page too and I love your doodle

Chidkid said...

That's amazing Gemma! Your daughter is certainly very talented..but I also think your LO is brilliant too and you are very talented. I am hoping to join in with the hop too.. Maybe see you there!

Catherine said...

Wow, what a talented pair you both are!

Sandie said...

Doddle doesn't do that art justice Jemma! What a talented girl you have - wow - she's blown me away! It is so nice that she gave it away and that you have a copy preserved as a memory of her special day. I bet you was in her good books, managing to get the ticket she wanted!

Unknown said...

WOW! That is some doodle! I also like your doodled frame.

Tina Campbell said...

Wow cool layout and such a cool memory recorded to. Congrats for all that patience to get those tickets

cinmfoster said...

This is beautiful!

sassyscrapper said...

Jemma...I strayed from my kit as well! I won't tell if won't tell. What a great story about your daughter and the concert. You are a good mum!