Friday 31 January 2014

Tick Tock - A Time To Scrap!

Jimjams - Layout detail - stitching, masking, journalling strips
Sometimes I can make a page quickly ... not as quickly as many of my friends I admit: a couple of hours is pretty fast for me because I do a lot of pondering.  My absolute record used a sketch and took just 30 minutes!  Mostly I take a lot longer, days longer, thanks to searching my disorganised stash for the "perfect" touch, or because I have to research something for the journalling, or perhaps I have changed my mind about what I want to include on the page.

And so it was with this page, started back in ... ...
... ... November!
I'd prepared the cardstock with some inking through masks, cropped my photos and cut up some of my November Counterfeit Kit before deciding that I wanted to sew on the page; which couldn't be done at my monthly crop!
So, a few days later, I unstuck everything and sewed my heart out before sticking the photos back down.
And then it was Christmas!
When I returned to the crop at the beginning of this year I decided that I didn't like the way the page was shaping up and pulled it apart again.  Attempt #2 got as far as adding a title and embellies before stalling one more time: I couldn't work out how I wanted to add the journalling!
Home again and back onto the ponder-pile.
Luckily I spotted the January Sketch over at Sarah's Cards where I was inspired by some strips on the right hand side of a bank of three photos!  Aha - just what I needed for some facts and figures, so it was time to pull the page apart once more and rearrange it a little (thank goodness for re-positionable glue).
Et voilà:

Jimjams - Layout - Time Piece{s} - Jens Olsen's World Clock

Shameful to admit how long this page has taken to complete, but I am now very happy with it :-D
Thank you Sarah!  Note to self: Use journalling strips more - they are fun!

13 comments:

Julene Matthews said...

This looks awesome Jemma. It was well worth all that pondering.

Sandie said...

It's funny how some pieces just take time to come together, this was well worth it in the end and so apt that your page was about time!

Missus Wookie said...

Not shameful - it takes as long as it takes, this is meant to be fun I remind myself :) I like the layers of texture here and yes journaling strips are fun!

Lesley G said...

Fabulous page Jemma and nice to see it won't be coming to the crop again ;)

Nat said...

Glad my sketch helped you out of your journaling dilemma Jemma! Love all the stitching. Thanks for playing along with our sketch :) Nat xxx

Chidkid said...

It was well worth the wait! Well Donne Jemma

Pat said...

I could never wait that long to finish a page! LOL

Very neat sewing! x

My not so simple life said...

Love all the stitching and those photos are amazing.

Unknown said...

It may have taken months to complete but Jemma, it was worth it! Fab page, love the journalling strips on the right, might just have to borrow that idea.

Amanda said...

Love the inking and stitching on your background Jemma

Melissa said...

This layout turned out perfect . . . regardless of how much time it took! I like the misting & stitching in the background especially.

Maria Ontiveros said...

Wow - love this clock layout. The stitching looks great.
Rinda

Susanne said...

It is a wonderful page and worth the time you spent on it. I'm finding that if I do a layout really quick I will go back and tweak it later - so in the end, there aren't too many fast pages.