I took some unloved brads, and a beautiful, but not-the-right-colour star-shaped brad from Susanne's swap packaging and got busy with VersaMark ink, some glittery embossing powder and my heat gun:
Transformation complete, I set to work on my page. Remember how I failed on my JYC? Well I also gave up on my 2011 Project 12 after only 2½ months! Which was a shame as I love my Project 12 album from 2010, and I love the year in review hidden tags I did for JYC 2009 and JYC 2010. So I decided that I'd do a double page summary for the year, based on a lovely sketch over at Scrap365 magazine's website.
I had fun decorating each of the circles at the top of the tags - with snippets of my counterfeited Pink Paislee Mistable Ribbons, some of the contents of my counterfeited October Afternoon Flower Sack, a few buttons and the glitterfied brads. My month names are stamps from a Scenic Route set and the free font is Veggieburger.
In my January kit I had two ways for counterfeiting the mistable ribbons - fabric (strips torn from an old sheet) and paper (border punched tissue paper) - and I promised to let you know how I got on with them.
I haven't tried actually misting on them (no mists LOL), but started by colouring them with two shades of Fiberscraps Tintz: dabbers which dispense a colour-wash a bit like very watery paint. Both took the colour well, but the tissue paper distorted and crinkled really badly as it dried. It took a while for the fabric to dry, but I used some of it on my 2012 goals page for the first CKCB challenge.
|From top to bottom: un-touched original tissue or sheet strip |
2 samples with Tintz
5 samples with Promarkers
On balance the fabric has worked better and if I had a die-cutting system that could cope with fabric my counterfeiting would be complete!
P.S. I haven't joined in with a Thirsty Thursday Challenge from A Trip Down Memory Lane for a while, but I reckon I've covered P for Polka-dot, Portrait Photos and Parents (that's us!) pretty perfectly ... as well as R for Red and Review!