My JYC album just didn't suit - neither the time available, the photos I had, nor the things that happened! I barely had time to read the prompts, let alone mull over what to scrap for the day. At a certain point I realised it would be too draining to have the project hanging over me all through January, so I chose to let go, move on, call it a day!
Instead I decided to take inspiration from Siân's December month in numbers & Alexa's Christmas numbers journalling and capture some of our festive memories in a single page.
The page is based on the monthly challenge sketch from UKScrappers and uses my January Counterfeit Kit, an X-cut border punch, some of the packaging from Susanne's Christmas packages as well as the most perfect embellishment from inside the packaging!
This is indeed REAL life - not everything works out the way you plan it:
- sometimes you can't find the power lead for the tree lights and have to buy new ones (only to have the missing lead magically reappear)
- sometimes teenagers simply will not cooperate for a photo (or even get out of bed on Christmas morning to open their presents)
- sometimes you get so carried away with the food shopping that you don't need to return to the shops for nearly a week, even though they are only closed for one day!
- a son who wants to help with the cooking (if not the washing up)
- a daughter who loves to help decorate the tree (and would be happy for it to be up all year round)